DUBLIN, February 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “ETFE Market by Type (Pellets/Pellets, Powder), Technology (Extrusion, Injection), Application (Films & Sheets, Wires & Cables, Tubing, Coatings), End-Use Industry (Building & Construction, Automotive, Aerospace & Defense) & Region – Global Forecast to 2026″ report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) market size has been estimated at $334 million in 2021 and is expected to reach $451 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 6.2% between 2021 and 2026.
Growing use of ETFE in solar panels, a substitute for glass and other conventional materials, and growing demand in end-use industries are driving the demand for ETFE over the forecast period. However, ETFE is prone to puncture, transmits more sound than glass, and costs more than other conventional materials, which hampers market growth.
Based on type, pellets/pellets are estimated to be the largest type of ETFE during the forecast period. The pellet/granule form of ETFE can be both extruded and injected to convert it into films and sheets, wires and cables and tubes, which are then used by various end-use industries such as architecture, automotive, chemical processing and others. . They have low melting points and high melting rates (MFR), making the pellets suitable for injection, extrusion, rotation and other molding processes.
Films and sheets are estimated to be the largest and fastest growing application segment in the ETFE market during the forecast period. ETFE films and sheets are resistant to temperature, aging and chemicals and have superior mechanical strength. ETFE films and sheets are now widely replacing glass in the building and construction industry due to their superior light transmission properties. ETFE sheets are most commonly found as roofing in public spaces, such as train stations, airports, educational centers, museums, conference centers and other arts structures. ETFE films are also used for the front and back sheets of photovoltaic (PV) modules. When used as front sheets for PV modules, these films help improve solar cell efficiency since they transmit 90-95% of light.
Building & construction is estimated to be the largest end-user segment in the ETFE market during the forecast period. ETFE is mainly used in non-residential civil infrastructure and commercial buildings for roofing applications. Energy efficiency, cost control, low carbon emissions, sustainability, recyclability and green buildings are major factors influencing the construction industry. ETFE films are lightweight, economical, environmentally friendly, 100% recyclable and aesthetically preferred over glass. These properties propel the demand for ETFE films in the construction industry.
Main topics covered:
- Pellets / pellets accounted for a larger share in 2020
- Extrusion molding accounted for the largest ETFE market share in 2020
- Films and sheets accounted for the largest market share in 2020
- Building and construction accounted for the largest market share in 2020
- Asia Pacific to be the fastest growing market for ETFE over the forecast period
- Significant opportunities in the ETFE – Films & Sheets Application Market to provide growth opportunities for market players
- ETFE Market in North Americaby Application and Country, 2020 – United States Captured the Largest Market Share in North America in 2020
- ETFE Market, By Type – Pellets/Pellets segment will dominate the ETFE market from 2021 to 2026
- ETFE Market, By Technology – Extrusion molding will lead the ETFE market from 2021 to 2026
- ETFE Market, By Application – Films and Sheets to Dominate the Global ETFE Market
- ETFE Market, By End-Use Industry – Building and construction will dominate the ETFE market
- ETFE market, by country – India to witness the highest CAGR in the global ETFE market, in terms of volume, from 2021 to 2026
- Growing Use of ETFE in Solar Panels to Drive Market
- Substitute for glass and other conventional plastics
- Growing demand in end-use industries
- Prone to piercing and transmitting more sound than glass
- Higher cost of ETFE than that of conventional materials
- Growth potential in emerging economies
- Lack of skilled labor
- Commodity price volatility
- AGC Inc.
- The Chemours company
- Daikin Industries, Ltd.
- Vector Foiltec GmbH
- Guangzhou Lichang Fluoroplastics Co. Ltd
- Hubei Everflon Polymer Co.,Ltd
- Ensinger Group
- Dongyue Group
- Saint-Gobain SA
- Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials
- Solvay S.A.
- BASF SE
- Shandong Hengyi New Material Technology Co.,Ltd
- Beijing Starget Chemicals Co.,Ltd
- Zeus industrial products
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vgk2un
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets