- Intent-based networking to enable superior user experiences for cloud-scale consumer and business services
Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), a leader in AI-powered secure networks, announced that it has been selected by Jazz, Pakistan’s first 4G operator and largest internet service provider and digital services leader, to create a transformative business, expanded and upgraded data center network to support Jazz’s service delivery platform for its 74.9 million subscribers. Jazz’s goal was to rethink its architectural approach by leveraging continuous automation, assurance, and data-driven insights to deliver a superior network user experience at scale while simplifying its operations.
Jazz offers the broadest portfolio of value-added digital services to businesses and subscribers in Pakistan and has built a reputation for cutting-edge innovation with the ability to scale cloud-based services quickly and reliably. Following a rigorous vendor-neutral technology evaluation, focusing on the operational and economic efficiencies enabled by network automation, Jazz selected Juniper’s technology and expertise to underpin this latest project. Juniper’s advanced automation capabilities, transforming the entire network management lifecycle process into a single system, have stood out in the market.
- The new network will support a wide range of services for customers who demand reliability and fast data throughput to support a consistently strong user experience. These include cloud-based business data services, mobile banking, music and video downloading/streaming, and professional services such as an agricultural app for four million farmers that depend on it for information, advice and guidance in remote areas.
- Jazz will also use the network to power key internal workloads such as CRM and billing.
- Jazz will deploy the Juniper Apstra system to deliver true Intent-Based Networking (IBN) capabilities. This allows Jazz to design and operate its data center network based on the results, with full automation of the data center lifecycle, from day 0 (design) to day 1 (configuration and deployment) until at day 2+ (continuous operations).
- The network’s initial design is tied to day-to-day operations, enabling a single source of truth throughout its lifecycle. Automation provides a continuous feedback loop of real-time data insights, validation, and root cause identification to minimize mean time to repair (MTTR).
- This approach will allow Jazz to operate a much more efficient, reliable and agile network. This will help roll out new service features, optimizing user experience for network teams and customers.
- The new data center infrastructure features a spine-and-leaf architecture built with Juniper Networks QFX series switches and fully integrated with the Juniper Apstra system.
- Jazz has already deployed Juniper’s MX-series universal routing platforms for 400G-ready connectivity for its metro and internet gateway infrastructure. The new QFX are based on the same Junos® OS operating system, providing a cohesive network estate for Jazz to manage and operate.
“Like all service providers around the world, Jazz faces relentless demand for data and heightened expectations for seamless digital services. Therefore, we wanted to completely rethink our data center operations, using breakthrough automation to create the best possible user experiences for our business customers and subscribers. Operational simplicity was another important goal, to reduce costs and improve ease of use for our technical teams in the face of massive demand at scale. We evaluated several vendors, but Juniper’s ability to deliver the exact network results we needed meant that a highly strategic decision was very easy to make.
- Abdul Rehman Usmani, Vice President of Technology at Jazz
“The power of automation, tied to a single operational framework through intent-based networking, enables Jazz to answer relevant operational questions, quickly find the right answers, and make the best decisions. This means its network becomes a strategic business tool, leveraging data to deliver robust deployment and operational efficiency and eliminates traditional network constraints that force you to choose between speed and reliability. Based on data from other Juniper customers, the result will be significant downstream cost savings and huge returns on network investments.
- Mike Bushong, Vice President, Cloud Ready Data Center at Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is dedicated to dramatically simplifying network operations and delivering superior end-user experiences. Our solutions deliver industry-leading insights, automation, security, and AI to drive real business results. We believe that making connections will bring us together while empowering us to solve the world’s greatest challenges to well-being, sustainability and equality. Additional information is available on Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo, Juniper, Junos, and other marks referenced herein are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.